If you are only just starting out on your journey with legalized cannabis, then it might be fair to assume that you don’t have all of the detailed knowledge on the subject and culture just yet. Don’t worry, you are definitely not alone! When you visit a cannabis dispensary in Los Angeles, there are certain decisions that you are going to need to make, and one of the most important is the option between CBD and CBN. With this in mind, here is everything that you need to know about CBD versus CBN. Once all of the different terms and definitions are made clear, the entire process of visiting and experiencing a cannabis dispensary becomes a much more enjoyable and relaxed occasion.
CBD Vs. CBN At A Cannabis Dispensary In Los Angeles
CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol) are two compounds derived from the cannabis plant, each with distinct properties and potential benefits. Understanding the differences between CBD and CBN is crucial for individuals seeking specific therapeutic effects. Depending on what you are looking for in your product experience, the choice between the two compounds becomes very clear.
- CBD is renowned for its non-psychoactive nature, meaning it doesn’t induce the kind of traditional “high” that is commonly associated with cannabis use in previous incarnations of the drug.
- CBD is celebrated for its potential to alleviate anxiety, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. It is also being studied for its potential antipsychotic and neuroprotective properties.
- CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, a regulatory network in the body involved in maintaining homeostasis.
- CBN is a mildly psychoactive cannabinoid, although its psychoactivity is significantly lower than that of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). You may experience some low end feelings of traditional ‘highness’, but still in a regulated fashion.
- CBN is often associated with sedative effects, making it potentially beneficial for promoting sleep and relaxation.
- CBN is not typically found in high concentrations in fresh cannabis; instead, it often results from the degradation of THC due to factors like oxidation and exposure to light.
CBD vs. CBN
- The most notable difference is the psychoactivity. While CBD is non-psychoactive, CBN has mild psychoactive effects, though less intense than THC.
- CBD is widely used for various conditions, including anxiety, pain, and inflammation. On the other hand, CBN is often explored for its potential as a sleep aid and its ability to induce relaxation.
- CBD is usually extracted from hemp plants, while CBN is a byproduct of THC degradation, often found in older cannabis samples.
If you feel like you have enough information to make a beneficial visit to a cannabis dispensary in Los Angeles, then don’t hesitate to head straight to one of the best in town at Roots LA. Feel free to get in touch with a member of our experienced, friendly team and they will be more than happy to answer any lingering questions that you might have. We very much look forward to being able to help you out.