If you’ve had cannabis edibles in Los Angeles, you know that the best ones are homemade. They’re not necessarily baked straight from someone’s oven at home, but the taste, texture, and overall feel will bring you back to the carefree days of your childhood. They won’t taste store-bought in any way, shape, or form.
And if you want that genuine homey feeling, you can try whipping up a batch yourself. Whether or not it turns out as great as you hoped it would, it will always be an experience that you could try, just for fun. So what we have for you here is a basic cannabis cupcake recipe. If you have some time to spare, go ahead and try it out.
Before anything else, let’s talk about dosing. If you want a more euphoric, less traumatic edible experience for everyone, be mindful of doses.
Assuming you’re serving guests with varying cannabis use experiences, you’d want to err on the side of caution. Go with lower doses.
You’re better off between 2mg to 10mg of THC per serving. Going beyond that may already create a vexing experience.
Making Easy Cannabis Cupcakes
Before we proceed with the baking process, you must first make yourself some cannabutter. It’s an easy process that does involve a bit of work, including the decarboxylation of the buds.
Now, let’s proceed.
What you’ll need
- A quarter cup of cannabutter
- A quarter cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- Muffin tin
- Electric hand mixer or whisk
- Large mixing bowls
- Cooling rack
- Cupcake liners
What you’ll do
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F). At the same time, line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Onto a mixing bowl, sift out the flour, salt, and baking powder. And in the other bowl, combine your wet ingredients: vanilla extract and butter, along with the sugar. Use the hand mixer to combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add about a spoonful of your flour mixture, followed by the eggs. As the mixing process continues, add in the rest of the flour mixture.
- Once you’ve got an even consistency, pour equal amounts of your batter onto the cupcake liners. Leave it to bake for up to 25 minutes.
- After baking, allow it to cool on the wire rack for at least ten minutes before digging in. Remember, slow and low doses at the start.
Edibles in Los Angeles That’ll Make You Want More
Many can argue about the best edibles in Los Angeles. But one thing’s for sure: the treats you’ll find at Roots LA will make you crave more after that first bite.
We carry a variety of choices, from space cakes to gummies, and even weed-infused beverages. You can get them from our main branch in Sun Valley, or from the rest of our stores across LA County.
To know more about our promos and delivery options, visit our website or call us at (818) 210-0095.
Be the first to start a conversation