How Easy Is It To Find A Verified Cannabis Store Near Me?

how easy is it to find a verified cannabis store near me

If you live in a place in the United States where cannabis is legal, a quick Google search for, “cannabis store near me,” should give you plenty of results. However, marijuana is still regulated so it’s important to buy from verified and licensed dispensaries. Fortunately, any such stores that want to stay in business should be following the local laws regarding the sale of cannabis. Here are some things you can look for when you choose where to buy your weed. 

The Stats in California

Here in California, cannabis is legal and you can buy it from dispensaries in many locations across the state. However, cities and counties play a role in cannabis sales because they are considered retail. For that reason, there are some places in California where it is not legal to operate a marijuana business. Only 44 percent of cities and counties allow for a cannabis business, while the other 56 percent do not. To ensure that you are buying legally, it’s vital to ensure that the city or county where you reside is following the laws. 

Business Rules to be Aware of When You Search For A Cannabis Store Near Me

Understanding the rules of running a cannabis business is important if you run a dispensary, but being familiar with them is also helpful if you are a customer. Knowing what is and isn’t allowed helps you choose the right store to purchase your marijuana from. Cannabis is regulated at the local level, by the state, but also by the county and city. There are several state licenses to look for. They include the following:

  • Cultivation
  • Manufacturing
  • Testing laboratories
  • Distribution
  • Retail 
  • Microbusinesses

Cities and counties are able to decide if they want to allow cannabis businesses. They are responsible for issuing licenses, choosing what types of cannabis stores are allowed or not allowed, and can decide to prohibit all cannabis businesses. 

Other Factors to Look For

There are some other things to be on the lookout for when you look for the right store to purchase your cannabis. Make sure the store is able and willing to tell you where the product was grown and how it was processed. They should also be able to talk about the specific components of the cannabis they sell. Ask about environmental practices and how the product ended up in their store. This tells you whether the location is following laws regarding growing, harvesting and selling. 

When you visit the store, the staff should be knowledgeable and able to answer your questions. There should be a variety of products to choose from and the store’s license should be on display for customers to see. If anything feels strange when you stop at a dispensary, that’s a good sign that you should look elsewhere. 

Here at Roots LA, we want to be your first choice when you search for a “cannabis store near me.” Our top notch products and adherence to local and state laws makes us your premier destination for marijuana. Visit us today to find exactly what you’re looking for.